Monday, September 21, 2015

"Old Hands" (In Progress) & Upcoming Auction


I've been asked to enter 3 original paintings for an auction that will benefit a community senior gym. I believe one must reinvest in local businesses that benefit their local community. After visiting and swapping (many) stories with the gym participants, I have many ideas for the auction in November. More details to be shared in the near future.

The artwork in progress provided, for the mean time I am calling "Old Hands", was inspired by my time meeting with the participants at the senior gym. When someone is called an "Old Hand", they are considered an expert. The senior gym participants are not just experts in living life, but more importantly, experts in perseverance.





"Old Hands" is a 9 x 12 water color painting. This will be my first attempt in painting hands. "Luckily" (?) I chose to start off focusing on arthritic hands. You always must find ways to improve your skills. There is no room for avoidance. I'm gradually starting to dig the progress on this painting and I'm excited to see which new skills and experiences I will gain from this experience. Maybe some day I will be an "Old Hand" as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment