Monday, February 19, 2018

Old Home Project: Bathroom


Completed the first room. Never took initial pictures of the bathroom because, at the time, I didn't like it. It was small, bright white, and had giant mirrors with big light bulbs around the edges. It didn't look like the other rooms.
In teaching/coaching you got to make do with what you are given...and pre-fab punch out signs are for losers. So, this was my thought process. 
















The room was small, but mirrors are supposed to add depth. (You have a lot of time to read between sites.) So...I had depth left to right, but not front to back, nor did I have height. The light bulbs could (hopefully) be mistaken for industrial street signs. 


Found the shower curtain that is a collection of rough art sketches of city buildings, and they were gradually getting higher. This also gave me the missing depth.



The Georgia O'Keefe print is of the "Radiator Building" in New York, the tall print almost reaches the ceiling, so that's my height. I used colors in the print in selecting towels and basic bathroom items.







Guess it's basic, simple, and functional, so you can get in and out for a night on the town?

No comments:

Post a Comment